Chris Gay is a Connecticut based Author and Voice-Over Talent
View Chis Gay's books, blogs and daily writings
Also coming in 2012, 'Ghost of a Chance' my theological, paranormal crime thriller.
Click here to visit my blog The Passion of the Chris: My Humor Writings and Other Musings
30 Random Things About Me
1. I have apparently won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes over 13 times.
2. In my 20's a few totally different people- who never knew or met each other- told me I looked just like Kiefer Sutherland-even though I look or looked nothing like Kiefer Sutherland.
3. I have saved the world- in 24-hour increments- 9 times. No, wait-that was Kiefer Sutherland.
4. I’ve written the theological, paranormal crime novel Ghost of a Chance, as well as two humor books: Shouldn't Ice Cold Beer Be Frozen? My 365 Random Thoughts to Improve Your Life Not One Iota & And That’s the Way It Was…Give or Take: A Daily Dose Of My Radio Writings. My 3rd & 4th humor books The Bachelor Cookbook: Recipes with a Side of Sarcasm for the Single Guy & Another Round of Ice Cold Beer: My 365 more Thoughts to Improve Your Life Not One Iota will be out later in 2013.
5. I am semi-ambidextrous, though it turned out to be a less profitable ability than I'd initially thought it might.
6. I write and broadcast a daily, sponsored comedy spot over the Hartford, Connecticut radio market
On the set of ‘Testimonies of a Quiet New England Town,’ (As ‘Constable John Gilbert,’ 2009)
7. I've written and sold a script for a TV show.
8. Famed ghost hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren investigated my mom's house just after I graduated high school; though I’m not certain the word ‘authenticity’ has ever come to mind when I think back on their visit. The house itself was a different story, however.
9. I played a barfly in the movie Hope Springs (2012) & a constable in the film Testimonies of a Quiet New England Town. (2009)
10. My Social Security number is...really?
11. I'm so computer illiterate that almost everything ever set up on any computer I've ever owned was done so by someone else.
12. I played the trumpet in 4th Grade at a school in California for a few months before I realized that I really, really sucked.
13. If I could host a dinner party with any four other people, I'd invite Ben Franklin, Dr. Jonas Salk, former Hartford Whaler Kevin Dineen and Christopher Walken. When asked who they’d invite, most people say it’d be their particular deity but, that being the case, I’d just ask them how it went afterward.
14. I was the Manchester, Connecticut Farm League's 1984 Most Valuable Player. And while I was never able to parlay it into a major league contract, I did play on a last place men’s softball team for quite some time.
15. I’m a native New Englander who loves New England, but dislikes every single Boston sports team and their fans- with the exception of any that may have bought my books or happen to be reading this. Those Boston fans are just simply terrific.
16. I’ve had a humor piece published nationally in Writer’s Digest.
17. I’ve broadcast occasional color commentary for local ice hockey & football games over the radio and internet.
Recording my radio spots in Hartford, CT
18. I've never figured out why so many people in every surrounding state have some sort of regional accent; yet in central Connecticut we have almost none whatsoever.
19. In 2002, my 15-year old sister unexpectedly passed away at my other sister's wedding, and then my mom unexpectedly passed at Christmas that same year. I still think about them every single day, and have learned that telling your loved ones you care about them, or spending time with them for no reason at all is always a good idea.
20. At book signings someone usually asks me what the secret is to going after your dreams. It's a great question. You need to put your heart into succeeding at what you love & are best at while few care whether you do or not. & you can't be afraid to fail. In other words, if you're overweight you've got to care about eating right & exercising, because no one will stop you from spending your life on the couch while eating ice cream cake for dinner. It's all on you. You have to push on through adversity while not even knowing whether you'll ultimately reach your dreams. It took me a long time to reach that conclusion, & we'll see how it turns out.
21. I still have a favorite color, green, & favorite number, 13.
22. Years ago I joined an uninteresting high school social club for no other reasons than I liked a gal who was in it. That, and membership included a trip to Montreal to see the Hartford Whalers play the Canadiens. I didn’t speak to her, the Whalers lost, & I was incredibly bored for months. On the other hand, I now know what ‘Fleur-de-lis’ means.
23. I'm an agnostoic who loves Christmas, with my personal record of leaving my tree up until after Easter.
24. I learned about 10 years too late to stop worrying about the future at the expense of the present. I hate clichés, but indeed, Life is too short.
25. Once in Syracuse, New York, I threw a baseball into a septic tank from 70 feet away in front of 10,000 fans, only to lose my $100 prize when the damn ball ricocheted out after going in. I'm still convinced that the contest was rigged.
Back cover pic for my humor book ‘Shouldn’t Ice Cold Beer be Frozen? My 365 Random Thoughts to Improve Your Life Not One Iota’
26. I have a great speaking voice, but my singing voice sucks. And damn it, that just doesn't make sense.
27. I'm an agnostic Catholic (Cath-nostic). I guess you could say I'm hedging my bets.
28. At some point, we all have to decide for texting purposes whether we're 'Haha' or 'Lol' people. I'm a 'Haha' guy myself.
29. I’ve always, for as long as I can remember, had a great tendency, to, like, really, really overuse commas.
30. Always leave them wanting more...
Find out where I will be for booking signings and other appearances.
Chris Gay: Writer, Author, Broadcaster, Voice-Over Artist
Back cover pic for my novel ‘Ghost of a Chance,’ published December 2012
Chris Gay - Passion of the Chris, LLC © 2011 2025 All Rights Reserved.
Click these book covers for more information about my published books.
Made up for my part as a barfly in ‘Hope Springs,’ (2012)
Writer, Author, Broadcaster, Voice-Over Artist